March-- everyone's favorite winter-to-spring transition month. It starts out cold and can end (almost) warm. Flowers and leaves appear, baby animals start frolicking, MLB has its opening day… whatta' time to be alive, folks.
In celebration of this green-hued month, here is a beer cocktail recipe that is also full of transitions-- the aptly named Black and Tan.
This mixed beer drink calls for the careful layering of a darker-colored beer poured over a lighter colored brew. In practice, this most often translates to the use of a pale ale on bottom with a stout up top. It's both Instagrammable and delicious. #WinWin
Black and Tan Beer Cocktail Recipe
- 6 ounces a light-colored beer, such as Post No Pils
- 6 ounces dark-colored beer, such as Proper Pint
- Pint glass
- A spoon
- Pour the lighter colored beer into the pint glass.
- Slowly pour the darker-colored beer over the back of the spoon into the glass so that it sits on top of the lighter-colored beer without mixing
Are you feeling particularly inspired and want to try making a black and tan at home? Check out our awesome NYC beer delivery service, Beer Here, and get all the necessities to make every beer cocktail your heart could ever desire delivered right to your door. We got you covered!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
126th St. & 38th Ave @ Citi Field, Flushing, Queens 11368
Monday & Tuesday: Closed - Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm-12:00am - Sunday: 12:00pm-10:00pm
* Hours may change due to a Citi Field event *