We are currently accepting resumes for a couple of positions! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to list the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
1. Part Time Sales/ Brand Ambassador
Mikkeller NYC is looking to hire a part-time brand/sales ambassador for the New York City region. We are a rapidly growing company and we're looking for someone who can grow with us. As an MKNYC ambassador your main focus will be to support the existing marketing and sales strategy by creating strong relationships with key on-and-off-premise accounts as well as our distributor sales team. Key functions of the job include: opening new accounts, identifying opportunities for off premise displays, running on-and-off premise promotions and events, POS, and generally spreading love for beer.
How do you know if you'd be a strong candidate for this position? Glad you asked. It's pretty simple: you have solid knowledge of NYC; music, food, nightlife, culture, and most of all beer.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Mikkeller NYC wholesale partners and accounts
- Educate and inform key accounts on seasonal and limited releases.
- Work directly with marketing team to identify strategic target accounts.
- Execute promotional calendar to support larger marketing objectives created by the marketing team.
- Represent Mikkeller NYC products and POS to align with brand guidelines
- Attend events / samplings (which includes setup and teardown)
- Plan routes to ensure all accounts are regularly seen and new accounts are added.
- Engage with customers in a easy and knowledgeable manner that aligns with brand guidelines.
- Special deliveries to accounts
- Track objectives and results
- Go above and beyond their responsibilities
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Resides in New York City or close surrounding area.
- MINIMUM of 2 years working in the craft beer industry.
- Proficient computer skills with understanding of Microsoft Suites
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Excellent skills in public speaking & sales
2. SEASONAL LINE COOK
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience working in high volume bars / restaurants
- Be familiar with all forms of cooking, with a focus on the fryer, flat top and oven
- Have a firm grasp on temping burgers
- Have general knowledge of food items, ingredients and spices
- Follow proper cooler / freezer usage procedures including air tight storage, dating and FIFO as per health code specifications
- Work organized and clean to the highest standard and requirement of health code. This includes maintaining a clean workstation, kitchen, and dish area
- Exhibit high level communication skills. This includes a complete understanding of the language(s) of the work place, be able to read and execute recipes (in grams), and maintain open lines of communication with all team members / supervisors
- Exhibit a work ethic of efficiency and high energy
- Possess superior time management skills
- Be able to maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations
- Be willing to go above and beyond the job description
- Be able to work on holidays / weekends
- Have the flexibility to pick up / cover shifts when needed
- Be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
** Having an NYC Food Handlers Certificate is highly preferred.